Are you aware that high-intensity lasers are implemented in dental procedures ranging from cancer screen tests to tooth whitening? For over twenty years, lasers have found their way into a variety of dental treatments and are quickly becoming more and more popular. They are safe and effective and can cut the time down on treatments tremendously.
For a better understanding of the basics of laser dentistry, listed below are some of the principles concerning laser dentistry:
– If you need a tooth whitening treatment, specialized gels can be placed on your teeth and stimulated with laser dentistry to do their magic.
– If you need a dental filling, laser dentistry can be used to prepare a tooth by burning away harmful decay around the cavity to prepare the tooth for a successful filling.
– It is essential to clean your mouth before root canals to ensure the process can be done effectively. Lasers are extremely effective at reshaping gums and removing debris when needed.
– When a biopsy is required, lasers can be implemented to remove small amounts of tissue from within your mouth.
– To avoid needless tissue cutting, lasers can be used to burn away canker sores and lesions.
If you would like to set up an appointment to discuss your possible laser dentistry treatment with Dr. John Verville and our team at Dr. John D. Verville Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, please call 904-284-9911 to set up a visit to our dentist office in Fleming Island, Florida. Come in soon to experience all about the joys of a better smile