There are many reasons why you should restore your smile with a dental crown, and some of those reasons include:
• A dental crown can protect a weak tooth
• A dental crown can restore a broken tooth
• A dental crown can repair a tooth that has been worn down
• A dental crown can cover and support a tooth that has a large filling
• A dental crown can hold a dental bridge in place
• A dental crown can cover a tooth that is misshapen
• A dental crown can disguise a severely discolored tooth
• A dental crown can make a cosmetic modification to your smile
• A dental crown can save a child’s tooth
• A dental crown can protect a child’s tooth from tooth decay
If you have a weak and unattractive tooth, a dental crown is the perfect restoration for your smile! We encourage you to call our office today and schedule an appointment with our dentist if you are interested in this beneficial restoration. If you do decide to repair your smile with a dental crown, we ask that you expect two visits to our office. Your visits will involve:
Your dentist will examine your smile and decide if this is the best choice for your oral health. If it is, your dentist will prepare your tooth for the crown. The tooth preparation will involve your dentist trimming the outer layer of your tooth to make room for the crown. Then, he will make impressions of your tooth and will send those impressions to the dental lab where your crown will be created. While you wait for your crown, your dentist will give you a temporary crown to wear over your tooth.
Once the crown is ready, your dentist will check the fit, size, and color of your crown and will cement it into place if everything is perfect.
For more information about a dental crown, call us now and talk to a member of our team! We are happy to tell you all about this beneficial restoration.